- This event has passed.
Tim Wise Training On Dismantling White Supremacy
May 18 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
Currently Sold Out
Nationally recognized anti-racism advocate, TIM WISE, will lead a training on dismantling White Supremacy called, “Policing Black, Brown and Indigenous Bodies in White Spaces”, May 18, 2019, from 8:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. at St. Mark’s Presbytarian Church, 3809 E. 3rd Street, Tucson AZ 85716.
Although the training is specifically designed to engage White Tucsonans in a much needed conversation about how to dismantle White supremacy and counter the growing threat of violent White extremism, the event is open to everyone. Ticket prices have been kept low to make the training available to as many Tucsonans as possible. SEATING IS LIMITED—only 150 tickets are available for purchase so buy your ticket(s) early.
IMPORTANT PURCHASER AGREEMENT NOTICE
Due to the sensitive nature of this training, each ticket purchaser (”purchaser”) hereby agrees to abide by the following training ground rules:
- Allow everyone a chance to speak
- Listen respectfully and actively
- Commit to learning, not debating
- Avoid blame, speculation, inflammatory language
- Avoid assumptions about others, especially based on their perceived social group.
- The goal is not to agree — it is to gain a deeper understanding.
- Be conscious of body language and nonverbal responses — they can be as disrespectful as words.
Submit events or changes to events to email@example.com