- This event has passed.
How to Get Involved with Local Democratic Politics
April 4 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Get Active in Democratic Politics
Are you tired of yelling at the TV? Are you fed up with the Republican state legislature, governor and US President? Would you like to make a difference in who is elected to public office in Arizona?
Now is the time to get active in local Democratic politics. Since the 2018 elections, many Americans have become energized to be politically active, but they don’t know where to start. Our unique, new class “Get Active in Democratic Politics” will answer all your questions.
- Which people are up for re-election right now and in 2020 and how to get active on behalf of the Democratic candidate.
- Which public initiatives will be on the ballot this year, and new statewide initiatives that will be voted on in 2020.
- Clubs, caucuses and organizations that meet regularly to discuss public affairs and hear community leaders speak. It’s a chance to attend, get smart and meet new people.
- 10+ Activities and roles for you to help get Democrats elected.
- How you can find out what is going on in Democratic circles.
The class is taught by veteran Democratic activists Larry Bodine and Lori Cinnamond, both of whom are Democratic precinct committee persons (PCs). Larry is an attorney who first became active in a 2006 Congressional campaign. He writes for the liberal Blog for Arizona, teaches at the UofA Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, and helps update Democratic websites and social media. Lori is a Democratic team leader in her district, who helped create the strategy which resulted in a record mid-term turnout of Democratic voters in her legislative district..
It’s fun and rewarding to make a difference in your own community. If you’re ready to Get Active, this is the class for you. The class is free!
Read more about Larry Bodine here
Submit events or changes to events to email@example.com