Executive Director – Pima County Democratic Party
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Pima County Democratic Party (PCDP) invites applicants for the position of Executive Director. This position provides high quality and responsive managerial and operational support for PCDP Headquarters. The successful candidate will report to the Chair, and provide leadership support to the Chair and Officers. They will have a strong commitment to the goals of the Democratic Party, and will have responsibility for planning, organizing and directing the organization’s operations and programs. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high capacity to respond to situations in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion.
- Manages and executes plans from the PCDP Chair and Executive Committee within budgetary authority. Determines appropriate resources and staffing. Prepares periodic reports utilizing NGP and other systems.
- Assists Chair and fundraising committee by developing fundraising plan. Builds and maintains relationships with donors and potential donors. Plans and coordinates fundraising events.
- Manages and directs PCDP Headquarters and staff. Manages personnel and payroll transactions including on- and off-boarding new positions through the payroll system. Reviews and approves hours for payroll. Manages and communicates personnel issues with the Chair. Establishes staffing levels to support HQ operating hours.
- Manages and implements communication strategy and plans. Oversees the PCDP web page and communication to membership through emails and newsletters. Oversees a social media strategy.
- Initiates disbursements within expenditure authority from the approved annual budget.
- Manages systems access to PCDP Google drive and email, NGP-Van, ActBlue, and other PCDP systems as appropriate. Ensures data in NGP is maintained and updated.
- Serves as a liaison to EC, LD Chairs and other Pima County Officials.
- Manages and direct logistics for periodic PCDP meetings including annual meeting.
- Oversees the transition of new PCDP Officers and other positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of directly relevant experience with 2 years of direct supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of directly relevant experience with 2 years of direct supervisory experience, and 3 years of experience working for a political campaign or party.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, respond positively to unanticipated changes, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking skills and media experience.
- Demonstrated writing/editing skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy of information.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Fundraising experience in soliciting and securing donor dollars.
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite skills.
- Experience with databases, NGP/Van, calendar scheduling, mobile devices, working in a networked environment, and the Internet.
- Understanding of Arizona and Pima County political environment.
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40 hours
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Rate of Pay: $45,000 – $60,000 DOE
Compensation Type: Salaried
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and names and contact information for 3 references
Posting Period: 02-11-2021 to 02-24-2021 Open Until Filled
The Pima County Democratic Party values an inclusive and diverse community. PCDP provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and References to:
Caroline Garcia, Treasurer
Pima County Democratic Party