Start Date: September 7th
End Date: December 8th
Hourly rate: $15
Hours per week: 20
The Pima County Democratic Party is looking for Democrats with a passion for local politics and previous political work experience to apply for a paid internship with us this fall. Here at PCDP, our mission is to support and elect local Democratic leaders who will work to enact our platform and will represent the people of Pima County in the state and federal legislatures.
Join us as we set up the stage for the 2022 elections, and see the inner workings of the Pima Democratic Party, local government, and political office first hand!
- Checking in and out with the Director at the beginning and end of each shift
- Attending communications meetings
- Assist the Director with planning weekly, biweekly, and monthly newsletters directed at targeted audiences
- Also assist with creating email series for first-time subscribers
- All emails will be sent using NGP7/NGP8
- Manage communication meeting agendas (i.e. Thank you cards, checking in with donors, etc)
- Assist the Director with designing and sending targeted fundraising email series using NGP7/NGP8
- Assist the Director with general communications planning and strategizing
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered to vote as a Democrat in Pima County
- Exception: Pima residents authorized to work in the US who are not US citizens
- Previous experience with political communications
- Previous experience with the NGP data system (either the 7 or 8 version)
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Local Tucson knowledge
- Able to be in the office during shifts
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required
This is a paid internship. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 1st to be considered for the position.
Each position will require working 20 hours per week. Both positions are paid. If you choose to apply for both positions, you must submit separate cover letters.