The Pima Democratic Party is looking for a dedicated student with a passion for local politics to intern with us this summer. The Democratic Party of Pima County believes in the People of the United States, and makes its mission to fight for the rights of all and not just the few. We focus on issues important to the people of Pima County, and strive to bring them to the attention of our representatives, while also campaigning for Democratic leaders who will listen and act on them.
Join us as we set up the stage for the 2022 elections and see the inner workings of the Pima Democratic Party, local government, and political offices first hand!
- Answering phones, helping organize the office in person or virtually, process paperwork, and generally working with volunteers.
- Helping with special projects.
- Assisting in coordinating volunteer efforts and making volunteer recruitment calls.
- Conduct basic research and utilize software to find necessary information.
- Engage with volunteers and community to provide answers or direct them to the right person to be speaking with.
- Create short summaries of why certain stories are important.
- Stay up to date with local, state, and national news and create a daily/weekly email.
- Assist and facilitate staff as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a student residing in Pima County.
- Verbal communication skills.
This internship can be used to gain school credit, the hours are flexible, and this opportunity can be either in person or virtual depending on the applicant’s preference. This position would start in June and end in August. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to the above address in PDF form by May 24th to be considered for the position.