LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 10
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 10 OVERVIEW:
Evenly split between Democrats, Republicans and Independents Legislative District 10 covers Midtown and East Tucson, north of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
LD 10 is represented in the 53rd State Legislature by two wonderful democrats, State Senator David Bradley and State Representative Kirsten Engel. Both may be contacted by phone locally at 520-398-6000 or in Phoenix at 1-800-352-8404. Republican Todd Clodfelter fills the other state house seat. All of their terms expire on 12/31/2018.
Legislative District 10 Democrats meet the third Wednesday of the month at Pima County Democratic Party Headquarters, 4639 E. First Street (southwest of Swan and Speedway). The meetings are scheduled to startpromptly at 6:30 p.m. but there is a social time for all members and guests, beginning at 6 p.m. that includes snacks and beverages.
Legislative District 10 Officers:
- Chair – Cecilia Aros Hunter
- 1st Vice Chair – Andrea Merola-Kennedy
- 2nd Vice Chair – Paul Stapleton-Smith
- Secretary – Cynthia Jordan
- Treasurer – John Kautz
- Executive Committee Reps – Mariana Spier & Rob Selby
Legislative District 10 Representatives:
- Sen. David Bradley (D) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Kirsten Engel (D) email@example.com
- Rep. Todd Clodfelter (R) firstname.lastname@example.org
LD-10 has one certified club which is independent of the District organization but occasionally works with us in organizing the area.
Do you live in LD-10?
The boundaries for LD-10 are shown above. If you are not sure if you reside within those boundaries, go to the Redistricting Commission Site where you can enter your address, and find out.
LD-10 Fund Raisers!
One of the principal duties of the committee is to raise funds for the County Party and its candidates. Each district comes up with individual ways to raise funds and LD-10 is no exception. The District currently has two main fund raisers:
- The Cunningham St. Patrick’s Day Festival in the spring.
- “Summer Family Fund Raiser” in mid to late summer.
The bullet points above are links to the event websites. Both events are well attended so it is wise to get your tickets early.